Choose Safe Places for Planners
Are you interested in using planning interventions to help keep children safe?
Choose Safe Places for Early Care and Education (CSPECE) is a program administered by the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) to ensure early care and education programs are in safe places – so that children are not exposed to dangerous chemicals and other environmental contaminants during their care.
The American Planning Association (APA) developed this Education Module to help planners site Early Care and Education (ECE) programs in places with clean air, water, and soil. This online training will provide an introduction and overview of the Education Module and offer an opportunity to review and provide feedback on the usefulness and utility of this new tool. Your feedback will shape the final version of the materials before they are published and shared with all APA members.
This pilot course and evaluation is eligible for up to 2 CM credits. Please see the instructions below for more information on how to receive all eligible CM credits.
To receive 1 CM credit for the webinar:
1. Review the webinar.
2. Complete the SurveyMonkey evaluation.
3. Follow these instructions (link) to log 1 CM credit.
To receive up to 1 additional CM credit for reviewing and providing feedback on the StoryMaps:
1. After completing the webinar, open the course completion email for links to the four StoryMaps.
2. Review one StoryMap.
3. Complete the SurveyMonkey evaluation for that section. Links to this evaluation are available at the end of the StoryMap page and through the webinar completion email. Select the option for that indicated review of the StoryMap.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each section.
5. Use the self-reporting option (link) to log your CM. You may report .25 CM per StoryMap or 1 CM for reviewing all four StoryMaps.